April 27, 2010
ActionComplete for Web beta is released and available for immediate access at actioncomplete.appspot.com. ActionComplete 5 for Android is released and can be installed from Android Market.
AC for Web and AC for Android can be used either independently or in tandem depending on your preferences. When used together, they form a comprenehsive solution that allows you to manage your tasks both at your computer and on the go.
To set up the 2-way sync between the applications:
- Sign in to AC for Web with your Google account.
- Navigate to Settings page.
- Click the plus sign under Authorized Applications.
- Click Authorize button in the dialog that appears.
- Expand AC for Android entry in Authorized Applications section.
- Take note of the token and secret values.
The following steps take place on your Android phone.
- Backup you ActionComplete data (MENU/Prefs and Tools/Tools/Backup).
- Update AC for Android to the most recent version from Android Market.
- Navigate to Sync configuration area (MENU/Prefs and Tools/Sync).
- Tap AC for Web Sync Credentials row.
- Enter the values of token and secret from the step 6 above and save.
- The status line under AC for Web Sync Credentials should read "Provided, valid". If it's not the case, repeat steps 4 and 5 above.
- Tap Sync with AC for Web row to make sure the check mark is selected.
- The sync process will kick in automatically within 5 minutes. To initiate the sync manually press MENU and select Sync Now option.
Please report any issues with the products and provide your feedback on the application features, usability, and overall user experience.